1. What are the requirements for getting a Texas Concealed Handgun License (TX CHL)?
The Texas CHL (Concealed Handgun Laws) sets out Specific criteria that must be met. Applicants must be 21 years of age (unless There active duty military) and must meet Federal Eligibility to buy a handgun. A number of things may make you ineligible to get a Texas CHL License and From Taking a Texas CHL Class, such as: felony convictions and some misdemeanors, including ones that resulted in deferred adjudication or probation depending on the original charge; current criminal charges; addiction to a controlled substance;involuntary commitment to a mental institution and/or restraining orders, and being past due outside of a current payment plan on city or state taxes, government fees, or State child support. You must also submit a completed application with the state of Texas(directions can be found on the license information 3 easy steps page), pay the State application fees(this is always separate from class fees) and submit all of the required forms and class certificates.
2. How do I get a Concealed Handgun License (CHL)?
To get your TX Concealed handgun License it is best that you first Sign Up for your Texas CHL Class. Spartan Defense is Rated Number one in South Texas for Texas CHL Classes and Firearms instruction and we make the process simple with 3 easy steps that can be found on our license info page.
3. Once I Finish my Texas CHL Class (Concealed Handgun License) and mail in my application, when should I expect to receive my license?
The Texas DPS will make every effort to issue your license within 90 days but most of Spartan Defenses Clients that follow our unique process see a result in 3 weeks from when the Texas Regulatory Licensing Service in Charge of Texas CHL receives your completed application.
4. I sent in all my Certificates from my Texas CHL Class, but received a letter from the DPS asking for more info on an arrest from years ago.
You must send the DPS a certified copy of the disposition paper of the original charge from the county clerk.
5. How do I renew my Texas Concealed Handgun License is a Texas CHL class required again(CHL)?
You must Take a 4 hour Course with us and the shooting qualification no earlier than 6 months before expiration and 12 months after and submit an online renewal application and mail in your class completion certificate.