1. What are the requirements for getting a License To Carry ( LTC Formally known as the Texas Concealed Handgun License CHL ) The Texas LTC (License To Carry Laws) sets out Specific criteria that must be met. Applicants must be 21 years of age (unless There active duty military) and must meet Federal Eligibility to buy a handgun. A number of things may make you ineligible to get a Texas CHL License and From Taking a Texas CHL Class, such as: felony convictions and some misdemeanors, including ones that resulted in deferred adjudication or probation depending on the original charge; current criminal charges; addiction to a controlled substance;involuntary commitment to a mental institution and/or restraining orders, and being past due outside of a current payment plan on city or state taxes, government fees, or State child support.
You must also submit a completed application with the state of Texas(directions can be found on the license information 3 easy steps page), pay the State application fees(this is always separate from class fees) and submit all of the required forms and class certificates.
2. How do I get a Concealed Handgun License (CHL)?
To get your TX Concealed handgun License it is best that you first Sign Up for your Texas CHL Class. Spartan Defense is Rated Number one in South Texas for Texas CHL Classes and Firearms instruction and we make the process simple with 3 easy steps that can be found on our license info page.
3. Once I Finish my Texas CHL Class (Concealed Handgun License) and mail in my application, when should I expect to receive my license?
The Texas DPS will make every effort to issue your license within 90 days but most of Spartan Defenses Clients that follow our unique process see a result in 3 weeks from when the Texas Regulatory Licensing Service in Charge of Texas CHL receives your completed application.
4. I sent in all my Certificates from my Texas CHL Class, but received a letter from the DPS asking for more info on an arrest from years ago.
You must send the DPS a certified copy of the disposition paper of the original charge from the county clerk.
5. How do I renew my Texas Concealed Handgun License is a Texas CHL class required again(CHL)?
You must Take a 4 hour Course with us and the shooting qualification no earlier than 6 months before expiration and 12 months after and submit an online renewal application and mail in your class completion certificate.
6. How much does the state charge to get or renew a Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL)?
The fee for a first time CHL is $140. The fee for a renewal CHL is $70. There are certain Discounts that can be applied for with the state for senior citizens, veterans, active duty military enforcement ex.
7. What extra info do i need to send the state if applying for a discount for my Texas CHL license
When applying for a discount, you must send supporting documents to receive a discount. These will be specified on the application check list.
8. How much do fingerprints cost?
Fingerprints Cost $9.95, and can only be done by MorphoTrust USA no one else or the state will not accept them please follow the steps on the license info page to set your fingerprint appointment.
9. What if my fingerprints are accepted by the state?
Fingerprints submitted with the application must meet the required standards, if not new fingerprints must be taken. MorphoTrust USA will contact you if this is the case to schedule an appointment. No additional charge will occur.
10. How long is the Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL) good for?
First time licenses are good for four years. Renewal licenses are good for five years.
11. Can others find out i am a Texas CHL Holder or that i took A Texas CHL Class?
No. Information on clients who are licensed to carry a concealed handgun and take a Texas CHL class is confidential . However under a court order , the DPS may release information about a Texas concealed handgun licensee or Texas CHL class attendee to a criminal justice agencies .Eligibility For a Texas CHL Class and License
12. I am active duty in the military and was transferred to Texas, can I take a Texas CHL class and get a Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL)?
YES. There is no requirement for individuals to live in Texas for six months anymore.
13. If I am under 21, can I take the Texas CHL Class now and still get my Texas CHL license when I turn 21?
Yes, You can take the class 6 months in advance with us.
14. If I had a (DWI) two years ago, am I eligible for a Texas Concealed Handgun License and Texas CHL Class(CHL)?
No, five years must pass at minimum from the date of conviction.
15. I received deferred adjudication for a Felony grade offense, can I take my Texas CHL class?
As long as it was not a title 5 offense and 10 years have passes from the date of completion for the deferred.
16. I was arrested for a crime but the charges have been dismissed, can I take a Texas CHL class and get my Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL)?
17. If I owe back child support and am NOT current on payments, can i take a Texas CHL class and get a Concealed Handgun License (CHL)?
No! you must be current on payments.
18. Do i have to list all arrests on my application, even if the charges for those cases were dismissed or if I was acquitted?
You must list all charges although they do not make you ineligible. ask your Texas CHL instructor in class for more instructions.
19. What else do i need to do to get my Texas CHL License other than the application
Take your Texas CHL Class and pass it and be proficient with a firearm.Texas CHL Class (Concealed Handgun License ) Requirements.
20. What class or training is required to get a Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL)?
You must already be familiar with handguns, especially the type that you will be using in your Texas CHL Class. Spartan Defense offers Pre CHL classes and lessons for those who are novice shooters. We usually suggest 2 hours of private lessons for those less experienced before the Texas CHL class or a Pre-Texas CHL Class.
21. Do i have to take another course to renew my Texas Concealed Handgun License(CHL)?
A renewal Course is Required View our renewal page for this information.
22. Are there any exemptions from taking the renewal course?
Certain individuals are exempt from portions of the renewal course. These people who are exempt are usually police officers and some active duty military members.
23. How much does the Texas CHL Class Cost?
Spartan Defense Offers many different priced depending on someones eligibility to find your cost for a Texas CHL Class in corpus Christi view our Concealed handgun license page. 24. Do I need to have a gun for my Spartan Defense TX CHL Class?
Students may provide there own gun and ammo. Spartan Defense Offers semi automatic rental firearms with ammunition for there students. A student is still expected know how to operate a semi automatic and be proficient with one. Firearm safety violations will not be tolerated.
25. Does Spartan Defense Offer Texas CHL Classes in Spanish?